Monday, May 16, 2011

Review: Skulduggery Pleasant, scepter of the ancients

Stephanie led a pretty quiet existence until her uncle died. Not only did he leave her his mansion, he left her a new best friend- Skulduggery Pleasant, a skeleton detective (sorry, a supernatural  skeleton detective)- who waltzes into her life for keeps. No she's acquiring magical powers, endangering her life to fight evil, and trading snappy comebacks with someone without a body.
So much for her quiet existence.
Stephanie's big job is to find the Scepter of the Ancients- a weapon capable of destroying anyone and anything- before the evil Faceless Ones steal if for themselves. She just has to defeat a bunch of ghouls, kick the but of a clan of vampires, and hide her powers from the entire world (oh, and her parents).
No worries. She's got a bunch of bones on her side.


Derek Landy is my all-time favourite author. Even his self bio's are hilarious (The reason Derek Landy writes his own bibliographical blurb is so that he can finally refer to himself in third person without looking pompous or insane)! Skulduggery Pleasant is one of my favourite characters I've read about and trust me, I've read a lot. So if you'll read at least one book of my website, read this one.

Author: Derek Landy who is my idol.
Age group: 12+ (but gets a bit gruesomer with each book)
Awesomeness: Sorry, my awesome scale broke.


No comments:

Post a Comment